Friday, February 04, 2005

What's That Smell?

Why, its antipasto salad in the kitchen.

Yes, today I took a leftover chunky antipasto salad to work and had so many requests for the recipe I decided to start a "recipe blog". I'll post the successes, with some notes here for all the world to see. As for the catastrophic failures, well, we'll see.

I love to cook and bake, though I get a lot more "off the map" with cooking. Baking is too precise and scientific for me to experiment just yet; I'm not good enough. I'm one of those sight/smell/taste cooks--a pinch of this, a dash of that, it's done when it tastes done, etc. Posting to the blog, and having to quantify my ingredients will be good practice.

So, welcome, and I'll post recipies soon... This weekend we've got friends coming up for the Superbowl. Lots of yummy finger foods...

(The antipasto salad will be posted next week.)

2 Responses:

Scott in Washington said...

Thats the kind of cook I am too. I especially love making soups and stews because I can put in my base materials and spices, cook, taste, throw in a handful of this, or three fingers of that, cook, taste, repeat until its just right or until the pot fills up (I've got a twenty quart stockpot).

Baking I leave to Brit - she is the precise one.

Jess said...

Wow! Where did you find the stockpot? I have only dreamt of such possibility! :)